Think of anything that makes Jordan street this special as Its name bring varied pictures to mind. It is intriguing to know this street was named after Dr.Samuel Jordan An expatriate from US in Iran. Mr. Jordan had a notable mark in history of modern education in Iran. Right from the old days of establishment of Jordan street, located in north of Tehran, it had a great demographic and geographic altitudes. Around the year 1933 It became evident to urban planners that many major centers can be put in this zone.
from the start Kensington street in London become a model for urban layout of Jordan street. As Jordan street is crossed north-south by five routes, the same feature was present in Kensington street in London connecting east to west. This street is a linking connection between center of London and other four directions.
Comparatively You can have access to Jordan by Resalat highway or Darrius highway, it’s precedent name, from south. Hemat highway (Abbas Abad north highway) and Haghani highway (Jahan Koodak highway) from east and west. Mirdamad (Pahlavi street) and Modares high way (Shahanshai highway) from north. This accessibility served well for the importance of this location.
- Jordan district at a glance
- Geographical position in Tehran: North
- known for: Luxury neighborhood, deluxe apartments, unique commercial centers
- Neighboring districts: Mirdamad district, Fereshte district
- Access to Jordan district : Modares highway
- Subway station: it isn’t available
- Bus station: it is available
- Furnished apartment price range: High
Follow Jordan Prestige
This 5.5 kilometer street has been the home of many embassies, so it’s among one of the best multi-national residency in Iran. More than 15 embassies including Qatar, Poland, kingdom of Bahrain, Italy, Greece, Kenia and Nigeria legations are on the Jordan street-27 embassies in total. Following the spread of this international presence, many foreign enterprises chose this zone as their headquarters such as German based company AEG, BSI Group financial information from UK.
In line with these foreign centers Jordan street has been a populated local government districts. Centers like Iran ministry of road and urban planning, local municipality, National Iranian Oil Company, telecommunication company, a branch of Social security office and Islamic republic of Iran broad casting are in this zone.
More than 94 bank branches and headquarters are situated on Jordan street. to name two of them and those are Sepah bank headquarter and keshavarzi bank security company.
Looking for the best residential building with multi-purpose surroundings?
Entrainment joined with education is the concurrent desire of parents. If you are among one of them then this district can serve you well. Avvince international school in this area was established less than 10 years ago and from the start this education department focused on bringing international standards into its curriculum. You can spend minimum time to spend quality time with your children and visits 8 galleries in your limited free time. The best one with Interchangeable exhibitions all around the year is Mah art gallery on Golestan street. As far as the length of this unique street goes, the price range of apartments can vary. keep your eye on the area and you will find a place with reasonable price and full features.
Commercial centers with world-wide brands and one of kind restaurants
Whether you want to have the best shopping experience and buy things from famous brands in the world or just want to spend time with your family and friend in an either stylish restaurants or a friendly café, Jordan street have it all for you.
- Jordan street encircled with many high-end brands such as Cartier jewelry line, luxurious clothing lines like Boggi Milano, Pronovians bridal dress and west jeans. Shopping on this street will secure the pleasure of buying with the feel of trust to the original brands.
- Sushi shop and Shandize Jordan restaurants offers you two different taste of two diverse nations. Going from east of Asia with highly fresh seafood of japan to heart of middle east and delicious kebabs of Iran. You can see a new face of diversity all in one district and that is Jordan street.